Friday, May 4, 2007

Model HRV






Hey G.I Brunel, its Dr. Daman letting you know about a little experiment.

I created a model HRV, using aluminum as my conductor and demonstrated the heat transfer. The starting temp was 25/26 degrees Celsius.


I attached a hair drying to the hot outgoing air passage and blew hot air through for 5 mins.

Results (after 5 mins of heating).

The aluminum passage moving the hot air out got up to 71 degrees Celsius.
The parallel passage of cold incoming air got to 56 degrees Celsius.


This shows that the cold incoming air can capture the heat from the hot outgoing air so the heat is not wasted.





Pics will be sent in a few days, DAMAN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My HRV experiment evens out to be 79% effective, which isn't half bad for some hot glue a hair dryer some tinfoil and popsicle sticks. Think about it this way, if my model that is made out of household products, think about how efficient it would be if it was made by scientists, oh wait they already did that. If only I could name all the reasons HRV's should be in every house!

Anonymous said...

The HRV is in my mind under publisized, the City and the Citizens should have more information to the HRV. For something that should be beating away the competition is beng left in the dust with people using other meathods of filtering air. I have been using experiments to test the filter, and I am very happy to say (and I hope you would agree) that if every house would use such things as the HRV, Greenroofing etc. then it truly would be a WORLD of sustainable living.

Anonymous said...

This sounds fantastic Dr Daman,
you know the ventilator is amazing and relatively inexpensive - I totally agree with you - when new houses are built they should be fitted out with a HRV system automatically. The heat transfer you achieved is really very good - especially for a model. I am so glad that you will me informing city council about this.
g.I. Brunel