Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Heating Bills

I have recently commented on all three of the house designs on the BLOG. First I want to say how lovely they are. They remind me so much of the houses of my younger days. Thirteen years ago in 2007 we could afford houses like these because we used natural gas to heat them.

I am a bit of a pack rat and today I came across an old uniongas bill of mine. We only paid $213.87 to heat our house for the month of March when the average outdoor temperature was ony 2C. Our house was very large by today's standards 1,650 square feet but not that big by 2007 standards. Our house was not well insulated and looking back on it I bet we wasted an awful lot of heat energy.

Now, in 2020 we heat using electricity that comes to us from wind turbines. Our energy costs are 100 times higher than they were. Now our house is insulated very well and we do everything we can to cut down on energy use. However there is no way we can afford a house like the ones you have designed, unless the rooms are very small. Can you please add the size of each house so that I know?
Mrs Doris Cunningham

No comments: