Thursday, March 1, 2007

Dr. Carson, environmental scientist,

I live with my family in Ottawa. My present research focuses on the use of Green Roofs for Energy Conservation. I teach at the University of Ottawa in the Environmental Science Department. In winter I skate to work on the Rideau Canal. I am bilingual and teach my classes in both English and in French. I conduct my research on the roof of the building where we live. I am so happy to be able to bring my work and my family life together in this way. I have two children, Toby aged ten and Samantha aged eight. At the weekends the children help me work in the roof top garden. If you don’t know about the energy conservation potential of green roofs you will find this very interesting and may want to incorporate the idea into your housing project (I’ll send you some info.)

My husband John works long hours for the government. When he gets time off work our family loves to go on hiking and canoeing trips. Although I am presently working on the energy conservation potential of green roofs I have worked on many other areas in the past including: indoor air pollution caused by certain building materials, and ground water pollution caused by toxins used in building construction. I have worked with construction engineers as an environmental impact advisor on a number of other projects. I am happy to share my expertise as an advisor on the Housing for Sustainable Living Project. I can send you info. on green roofs, pollution standards, procedures for experiments to test for pollution and lots more so let me know the direction your plans are taking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Dr. Lola Justice and I'm an environmental scientist as well. I live on 16 Steragi Street, New York and attended Princeton University where I received my PHD in Environmental Sciences. In my earlier expiriences I was head of an environmental greenhouse program along with Dr.Samantha Hudson and Dr. Wallace Noot. I also wrote a childrens book called 'mother nature needs our help' teaching children the value of our earth. I ran after school activities with highschool students. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my persian cat Moichi and meditate. Iam personally looking forward to working on this project!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Dr. Lola Justice and I'm an environmental scientist as well. I live on 16 Steragi Street, New York and attended Princeton University where I received my PHD in Environmental Sciences. In my earlier expiriences I was head of an environmental greenhouse program along with Dr.Samantha Hudson and Dr. Wallace Noot. I also wrote a childrens book called 'mother nature needs our help' teaching children the value of our earth. I ran after school activities with highschool students. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my persian cat Moichi and meditate. Iam personally looking forward to working on this project!

Anonymous said...

Hello My name is Dr.Ivana Huggatree
I am also an envrionmental scientist. I went to the University of Toronto where i recived my masters in Enviromental Sciences. I am the founder of THU (Tree Huggers United). I have also worked for Green Peace. I am a vegitarian and I protest pollution and green house gas emmisions. I drive a Hybrid car. In my spare time I play with my Old English Sheep Dog, Fawn. I can't wait until I get to start working on this project.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Ivana Huggatree and Dr. Lola Justice,
it is a privilege to work with you - we need to be ready to jump in quickly and insist on appropriate testing of environmental impact for this project. As I see it the council want to show that they are doing something for the environemnt but the pressure is on to fit the housing into tight budget constraints and corners wil be cut it they can be. we need to keep our eyes open!
Dr. Carson

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Dr. Kendra Acre and i attended university at Harvard. My experience is i have been into the enviroment all my life. This is one of the things that i did in high school i was in an enviromental club and later on i became the leader of that club. As you probally know i wrote a book and it is called leading the enviroment it is about what kind of things that can help our enviroment. Some of my hobbiesthat i like to do is to go for long walks with my dog and also go out and pick up garbage because it makes me feel like i am doing somthing good with my life.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ms.doodlittle speeking, As heat person I would like to ask why the heat comes from nostrils and the ears and why our friend dr.bobelly keeps telling us that people produce heat from there arm pits plz get back to uss on the heat!

Anonymous said...

Ms doodlittle,
heat coming from the ears, nose and armpits - I must say that biology is not my specialty but I do know that human bodies have an inside temperature of about 37C. The air we breathe out will be 37C. Since heat always moves from places that are hot to places that are colder we loose heat. Our ears and armpits included will be loosing heat. But our bodies use some of the energy we consume from eating food to keep producing more heat to warm us up including our ears and armpits!
Dr. B.